Article from NO ES ARTE, Spanish publication. Nov. 2017.
Juan Carlos is an independent Spanish photographer and director based in London. His skills behind the camera and his fresh, current and risky style, have earned him the prize of The AOP Awards in the category of Fashion and Beauty 2017.
His moving image work has also officially selected and nominee in Film Festivals in 2017.
03 Oct 2017, Jennings Couch – Singer songwriter: “JC has a great eye and can see the finished product in his head before the shoot has started. This means his focused and determined about getting the shots he needs. He came up with creative and ingenious ways of acquiring such shots and this enhanced the final product immensely. Such a pleasure to work with, and not to mention a lovely guy in general”
09 Jun 2017, Steve Alex – Vital Records : ” JC Verona produced an official music video for us with a great deal of creativity and professionalism. His style is fresh and he’s a pleasure to work with. JC made use of vivid colors in such a way that the screen came to life! His editing decisions were perfect; everything from the timing of the edits to the choice of cuts he made. But more than just a talented director, he is a true professional. His communication and attentiveness made the project run smooth. Though I know the reason it seemed so smooth is that he handled all the details. A talented professional. Highly recommended!”
28 Apr 2017, Jupiter In Velvet – Music Band: “Director JC Verona just finished doing a lyric video 4 my new single ‘Til the End of The World’. It was one of the best experiences I have had working with someone in the music business. JC was professional, quick and easy 2 work with. He got the video done on budget before the deadline! Creative & open mind – I highly recomment him!”
– Officially Selected at Lift Off Festival Amsterdam 2017 with British Sea Power, Don’t Let The Sun Get In The Way Music Video.
– Nominee at TMFF July/August 2017 with Jupiter In Velvet, Supercharged Music Video.
– Finalist AOP Awards, @ The Old Truma Brewery, London, October 2015.
– Finalist AOP Awards, @ The Business Design Center, London, December 2014.
– Glance Over was officially selected for screenings: @Fashion in Film. Event hosted by 125 Magazine and Phoenix Magazine in London, October 2014.
– The Alcane Interval by Kate Allison @ The Bunker Space, Abbot Street. London, July 2013.
– Solo exhibition @ Happenstance Gallery, London, March 2013.
– Gallery Ramón Turró, Barcelona, May 2010.